Beat the Streets Cleveland
Say Yes School Head Coach
Introduce kids to wrestling and help them learn and grow with a positive coaching style that makes them want to do better and keep learning. To ultimately positively alter the trajectory of kids’ lives.
- Supervise and deliver high quality after school wrestling program for K-8 students in a City of Cleveland Public School beginning in early February 2020 and continuing until school ends in Mid May.
- Implement the Beat the Streets Cleveland mission to inspire healthy living, academic achievement, life skills, and social & emotional development
- Administer Hello Insight pre-and post-evaluations to all student-athletes
- Keep a positive and fun environment by incorporating wrestling specific games
- Daily mat cleaning, set-up and breakdown
- Recruit students through engagement with school, family and community
- Help put together and coordinate practices and matches with other BTS teams.
- Attend all required coach & mentor trainings and Beat the Streets Cleveland events
- Submit daily attendance and complete all required program paperwork in a timely manner.
- High School or College wrestling experience
- Background check and TB (tubercle bacillus) clearance
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Must possess a strong commitment to the Beat the Streets Cleveland mission, vision and coaching philosophy
- Available on school days from 3:30 – 5:45.
- Available for periodic coaches meetings, training and weekend events
Compensation: Competitive in relation to high school coaching positions.
Send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org